A pregnant mother and her
four children had a close call Wednesday night when her apartment caught fire
in northeast Dallas.
She says she could not
get our through her front door, and that it was hard to get her scared children
together and listen to her.
Then she says she went
to the balcony and yelled for help and got it from Good Samaritans who happened
to be nearby.
She handed her four kids, ages 2 to 7, to
two men over the balcony.
The woman was able to
thank the men afterwards, sharing a hug.
She was treated for
smoke inhalation, but the children were not hurt.
She told investigators that the fire
started when she was trying to start a fire in the fireplace.
KDFW FOX 4400 N. Griffin StreetDallas, Texas 75202
Main Station Directory:(214) 720-4444News Fax:(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333