Aw Shucks Caldo de Pescado y Camaron
Our Fish and Shrimp stew with a spicy Mexican flare
Makes 4-6 bowls
½ pound shrimp (cleaned and de-veined)
½ pound catfish (cut into large chunks)
3 celery stalks
1 small green pepper
¼ small cabbage
1-cup coarse chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons of butter
1 can of Chipotle peppers
· In an 8 quart pot put 5 quarts of water and bring to a boil
· Add carrots and cook for 15 minutes.
· While you wait, sauté ¼ of the onion (diced) with ½ of a tomato (diced) in the butter till onions are soft
· Add to the pot the other vegetables cut into large 1-inch chunks. Squash, zucchini, celery, green pepper, cabbage, and the rest of the onion tomatoes and cilantro also coarsely chopped.
· Remove 4 Chipotle peppers from the can and put into soup whole. More or less to desired hotness.
· Add the sautéed onions and tomatoes, cook for an additional 15 minutes
· Add shrimp and catfish, then cook for 5 more minutes
· Serve with a side of chopped cilantro, onion and a lime wedge
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?