Pet bunnies save Tucson family from fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Pet bunnies save Tucson family from fire

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

Two pet rabbits woke up their sleeping owners and saved them from a kitchen fire in Tucson.

Nicole Ochotorena and her husband said their rabbits were rapidly stomping their feet in their cages that night.

When she woke up and went to investigate, she noticed the cord of a crock pot had started a fire in their kitchen. She said none of the smoke alarms had gone off.

"My bunnies are my lifesavers," Ochotorena said. "They saved my life and they saved my kids."

Nicole, her husband and their three kids were all asleep when the fire started. But now everyone is safe and sound!

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices