1 1/2 cups diced carrots
1 1/2 cups diced onion
1 1/2 cups diced celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups beef broth
2 cups Rahr & Sons Ugly Pug black lager
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
4 cups milk or half & half
6 cups shredded sharp Gouda cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
chives for garnish !
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat 1 TBL olive oil.
2. Stir together carrots, onion, celery and garlic.
3. Stir in hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
4. Pour in beef broth and beer; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
6. Stir in flour with a wire whisk; cook, stirring until the flour is light brown, about 3 or 4 minutes.
7. Gradually stir in milk, whisking to prevent scorching, until thickened. Remove from heat and gradually stir in cheese. Keep warm.
8. Stir beer mixture into cheese mixture.
9. Stir in Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard. Adjust for hot pepper sauce.
10.Bring to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes. Serve topped with chives.
Note: for a smooth consistency, transfer little by little to a blender and puree in batches.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?