Creamy Cauliflower Mash
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 4 people
1 each Medium Cauliflower (4 cups of florets)
1 cup White Hominy
1 ½ oz Fat-free Cream Cheese
1 ½ oz Grated Smoked Gouda
2 TBL Sliced Green Onion
1 TBL Chopped Cilantro
½ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
· Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut cauliflower into florets then add to boiling water and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until a fork can easily be pierced through the cauliflower.
· Drain cauliflower then throw back into the hot pot (off the heat) and cover with lid. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
· Add the cream cheese, smoked gouda, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to the cauliflower. Then, use a potato masher to smash the cauliflower.
· Fold in hominy. Finish with chopped cilantro and green onions.
Simple Roast Chicken
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 22 Min
Yield: 4 people
5 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Herbs de Provence
· Mix together, set aside
4 ea Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless
1 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 TBL Bell Peppers (red, yellow, green) diced
1 TBL Onion, diced
1 tsp Minced garlic
1/3 cup Chicken Broth (low sodium)
· Blot chicken breasts with a paper towel
· Rub with Chicken Seasoning
· Heat sauté pan on high.
· Add 1 TBL EVOO
· Add chicken, skin side down, and brown till golden (4 min). Turn and brown (2-3 min).
· Add peppers, onions, garlic and chicken stock
· Place pan in pre-heated 350 F oven for 18 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F
· Pull, and let rest
1 LB Swiss Chard, remove stems (or Baby Organic Kale)
2 tsp Coconut Oil
1 tbl Onion, julienne (shaved)
½ tsp red chili flakes
¼ cup Chicken Broth (low sodium)
1 TBL Cider Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
· Clean Swiss chard. Cut into 1" strips
· Heat sauté pan. Add onions. Then Chard. Sauté till semi wilted.
· Sprinkle with red chili flakes.
· Add vinegar and broth. Bring to simmer and pull
· Spoon Hot Cauliflower Mash on to plate.
· Place hot Chard next to chard
· Place Roasted breast next to mash.
· Drizzle over pepper and serve
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?