8oz angel hair pasta
1lb medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/2c olive oil (divide into two ¼ cup portions)
1/2lb shitake mushrooms (sliced)
4 garlic cloves minced
1/2c fresh basil (chopped) Basil was said to have been a key ingredient in many love spells and potions.
1/2c fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
1/4tsp crushed red pepper Hot red chile peppers are often used as a metaphor of passion, heat, and vitality.
Juice and zest of ½ a lemon
1pint heavy whipping cream
1c grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
Black Truffle Oil The scent of black truffles are said to be similar to male pheromone.
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions, then drain, rinse under cool water and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup of the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and is completely cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp and set aside. Be careful not to allow the garlic to burn.
3. Using the same skillet, over a medium high heat, add the remaining olive oil, mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally. Once the mushrooms begin to brown, remove them and set aside.
4. Next add the butter and allow it to partially melt, about 1 minute over medium heat.
5. Stir in the heavy whipping cream and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
6. Add the lemon juice, zest, Parmesan, crushed red pepper, cooked shrimp, mushrooms, pasta, and fresh herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Serve immediately with a few drops of Black Truffle oil. Garnish with Shaved Parmesan, Whole Basil Leaves and Enjoy
(TIP) Serve this dish with Grilled Asparagus. Asparagus is packed with nutrients needed for healthy hormone production. Also a source of foliate women's reproductive health!
Serves 2 - 4
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?