Johnson County homeowner hurt in house explosion - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Johnson County homeowner hurt in house explosion

Posted: Updated:

A homeowner was injured in an explosion late Tuesday night in Johnson County.

Patrick Lawrence, 68, was inside at the time of the explosion, which happened in Keene in the 1100 block of County Road 317A shortly before 10 p.m. on Tuesday.

The person suffered second and third degree burns on his body and was airlifted to Parkland Hospital for treatment.

Firefighters from multiple departments helped contain the fire, which took hours to put out.

Lawrence told deputies there was a fire in a fireplace at the time of the explosion and he had placed a bottle of propane next to the fireplace. There were also gas heaters in the home on at the time of the explosion.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices