Man dies in Arlington apartment fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Man dies in Arlington apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

An Arlington man died in an apartment fire on Friday morning.

The fire occurred in a small apartment in the 600 block of S. Elm St. near the University of Texas at Arlington campus.

Fire officials said the power had been out at the apartment for nearly a week and the man was using a gas hot plate for heat and candles for light.

Officials said candles set the man's mattress on fire.

The man was unable to get out of the apartment and fire crews found him inside the door. He was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices