Student fell to death after eating pot cookie - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Student fell to death after eating pot cookie

Posted: Updated:

DENVER (AP) -- A coroner says an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death in Denver after eating a marijuana cookie.

An autopsy report released Wednesday says marijuana intoxication was a contributing factor in the death of 19-year-old Levi Thamba Pongi on March 11 in a fall from a motel balcony.

Authorities say Pongi got the cookie from a friend. Police ruled the death an accident but haven't released the findings of their investigation.

Colorado law bans the sale of recreational marijuana products to people under 21. Authorities say one of Pongi's friends was old enough to buy the cookie.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., say Pongi, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes as an exchange student in January.

  • UnusualMore>>

  • Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt

    Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt

    Friday, August 22 2014 1:58 PM EDT2014-08-22 17:58:48 GMT
    A charity stunt that has grown into a social media phenomenon went terribly wrong for four Kentucky firefighters when a fire truck's ladder got too close to a power line after they dumped water on college students who were taking part in an "ice bucket challenge."
    A charity stunt that has grown into a social media phenomenon went terribly wrong for four Kentucky firefighters when a fire truck's ladder got too close to a power line after they dumped water on college students who were taking part in an "ice bucket challenge."
  • Student impaled by golf club at frat party gone wrong

    Student impaled by golf club at frat party gone wrong

    Friday, August 22 2014 8:47 AM EDT2014-08-22 12:47:25 GMT
    An Arkansas State University vice chancellor says he doesn't expect charges to be filed in the freak injury of a student who was impaled in the neck by a broken golf club.
    An Arkansas State University vice chancellor says he doesn't expect charges to be filed in the freak injury of a student who was impaled in the neck by a broken golf club.
  • Funny family's back-to-school music video goes viral

    Funny family's back-to-school music video goes viral

    Thursday, August 21 2014 4:38 PM EDT2014-08-21 20:38:24 GMT
    The funny family that brought us the viral #Xmas Jammies YouTube video has struck again – this time, with a silly back-to-school music video.
    The funny family that brought us the viral #Xmas Jammies YouTube video has struck again – this time, with a silly back-to-school music video.
Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices