24 oz ham (cooked) (sliced thin)
24 oz pork (cooked) sliced thin
4 tsp garlic (chopped fine)
4 tsp cumin (ground)
6 ea hoagie rolls
3/4 cup yellow mustard
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup pickles (slices for burgers)
2 cup yellow onions chopped
12 slices gruyere or Swiss cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a medium skillet over high heat sauté onions using half the olive oil and all of the salt and pepper until they begin to brown and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine garlic, cumin and remaining olive oil. Rub pork and ham so that each piece has some of the mixture on it.
3. Spread the bottoms of the rolls with mayonnaise.
4. Evenly place 4 oz of each pork and ham on the roll. Place 1/4 cup of the sautéed onions on top of the meat and cover with cheese.
5. Place the bottoms on a cookie sheet with the tops beside them in 400 degree oven for approx. 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and top roll is golden and crispy. Remove from oven, cover top roll with mustard, place pickles evenly on cheese, place top roll on the pickles to form a sandwich, press down slightly and enjoy.
Note: Any type of cooked pork will work or if all you have is ham you can just use all ham, the cumin and garlic will give it the flavor.
Garlic powder may be substituted if fresh garlic is unavailable.?
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?