FOR THE PANNA COTTA
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 each vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons tarragon leaves, chopped
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 3 cups strawberries, stems removed, quartered
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch kosher or regular table salt
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/4 cup blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup raspberries, washed and dried
1. FOR THE PANNA COTTA Lightly spray eight (3/4-cup) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside a heavy, medium saucepan, combine the cream and milk. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the saucepan and add the scraped bean. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the lemon zest and one tablespoon of the tarragon. Cover and let milk mixture steep for 30 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine sieve and discard solids. Return the mixture to the saucepan.
2. Combine the lemon juice and gelatin in a small bowl and let stand until the gelatin softens, about 10 minutes. Add the gelatin mixture and the sugar to the cream mixture in the saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin and sugar are dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sour cream and the rest of the tarragon. Carefully divide the mixture evenly among the prepared ramekins. Allow to cool to room temperature then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly set, at least 8 hours or overnight.
When you are ready to serve the panna cotta, run a small butter knife around the edge of each custard. Place onto serving plate when ready to serve.
3. FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE Place strawberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle strawberries with salt and sugar; toss well. Next place strawberry mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Place mixture in plastic bowl and chill for two hours. Strain sauce through fine mesh strainer. Stir in the champagne right before you serve it. Place sauce into squirt bottle.
4. FOR THE PLATE UP Place one panna cotta in the center of plate. Squirt strawberry sauce around panna cotta. Place blueberries on top of panna cotta. Garnish plate with raspberries. Serve.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?