4 chicken thighs
6 oz. Rahr & Sons Stormcloud IPA beer
6 oz. chicken stock
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp. tomato paste
4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1. Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel, then season on all sides with salt & pepper.
2. Brown the chicken in a Dutch-oven type pot in vegetable oil over high heat, then remove and hold on for later.
3. Into the already hot Dutch-oven pot, add in carrots, celery, onions, garlic and tomato paste; stir well together over continued high heat for 1 full minute.
4. Deglaze with the beer and stock, stir once, and add in remaining ingredients (except for lemon), then cover with a tight fitting lid.
5. Place in the oven at 225 degrees, and cook for 2 hours. Remove from the oven, add in a fresh squeeze of lemon juice, and stir.
** Optional: Add in a couple of freshly chopped jalapeños for some extra kick.
Rahr Summertime Wheat Orange Vinaigrette
4 oz. Rahr & Sons Summertime Wheat beer
2 oz. orange juice
1 lemon, juice only
1 shallot, minced
1/2 tsp. finely grated orange zest
1/2 tsp. honey
1 pinch hot smoked paprika
2 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
4 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
3-4 sprigs fresh cilantro, roughly torn by hand
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl except for the oil, and whisk together thoroughly.
2. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking until all is incorporated.
** Use as a dressing for grilled vegetables or as a marinade for meats.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?