Ingredients Per Serving
1 slice Texas Toast, sliced ½ inch thick
1 large egg
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Using a large cookie cutter, remove the center of the bread. Reserve the cut-out piece of bread for dipping into the cooked egg.
2. Melt a small piece of butter in a hot skillet. Place the bread onto the skillet to toast and flip once to ensure even browning on both sides.
3. Using a toaster or the hot skillet, toast the center piece of bread and set-aside.
4. Once toast has browned to desired color, crack an egg into the center of toast. If scrambled eggs are desired, lightly whisk the egg in a bowl before pouring into the toast.
5. Cook the egg to desired firmness. For a well-cooked egg, use a spatula to flip the egg and toast in the skillet.
6. Place the toast and cooked egg on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
7. To garnish, place the small toasted piece in center of the egg and serve with your favorite breakfast side dishes.
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 cups frozen strawberry puree or sliced frozen strawberries
1 cup whipped heavy cream or whipped topping
Whole strawberry and mint leaves for garnish
1. In a sauce pan over low heat, simmer the frozen strawberry puree.
2. When the puree has reached a consistent low simmer, stir in the gelatin until it is completely dissolved.
3. Remove the strawberry mixture from the heat and chill in a mixing bowl for at least 30-45 minutes.
4. Once the strawberry mixture has cooled, gently fold the whipped cream until mixed throughout.
5. Place the mousse into serving dishes or chocolate cups and garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?