Child hospitalized after being bitten by rattlesnake in Ann Arbo - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Child hospitalized after being bitten by rattlesnake in Ann Arbor

Posted: Updated:
ANN ARBOR, Mich (WJBK) -- A child was taken to the hospital after being bitten by a rattlesnake in Ann Arbor Wednesday.

University of Michigan police say the child was visiting the Matthaei Botanical Gardens on Dixboro Road when the bite happened around 3 p.m. Wednesday.

Police say the child was bitten by an Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake.  According to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, this is the smallest and least venomous rattlesnake.  It is also the only venomous snake in the state.

The child was transported to the hospital for treatment.

At this time, police have not released the child's age, gender, or current condition.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices